A vegetarian side dish you can have with rice or roti. It is a very tasty dish with Ladies finger or bhindi. It is valued for its edible green seed pods. Okra is a high fiber content vegetable with lot of health benefits.
- Bhindi (ladies finger) – 250 gram
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Chili powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash, wipe and cut the okra into thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add curry leaves, sliced onion and garlic. Saute till it turns golden brown and add okra. Stir it for few minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chili, coriander and garam masala powder into it and combine well.
- Reduce the heat. Stir it occasionally till it turns dry and crispy. Finally add the required amount of salt. Remove it from fire.