A vegetarian side dish you can prepare very easily with potatoes. Coconut milk is also added to enhance the flavor. This you can serve with Appam, Idiyappam, Chapathi and even Rice.
- Potato – 2
- Onion – 1
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger – 2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Pressure cook potatoes by adding enough water and then remove the skin of the potatoes and cut it into medium sized cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and when it crackles, add curry leaves, chopped onions, green chilies, ginger and garlic and saute till onions become soft.
- Lower the flame and add coriander powder, turmeric powder and fennel powder and fry till the raw smell of the powders go.
- Add chopped potatoes along with around 1 cup of water and boil it till the gravy thickens and finally add thick coconut milk and remove from the flame after 2-3 minutes.