An easy vegetarian recipe with green peas. Dried peas are used to prepare this. They are very good source of dietary fiber. You can serve this with chapathi or rice.
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic – 4 flakes
- Green Chili – 2
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 3/4 teaspoon
- Soak peas in water for 4 hours. Cook with turmeric powder, salt and water in a pressure cooker.
- Heat oil in pan,add mustard and curry leaf. Add onion, green chili and saute well.Then add crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add chili,coriander,garam masala powders.Finally add chopped tomatoes, salt and water. Mix it properly.
- Add cooked peas.Lower the flame and cook for some time then turn off.