A quick and easy sweet recipe. You can serve it as a snack too. Since it is made of Aval, it is prepared for Janmashtami, festival of lord Krishna. You can make it in short time.
- Flattened rice flakes / Aval – 1.5 cups
Jaggery – 1/2 cup, powdered
Cashew Nuts, Raisins – 10
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Dry roast aval for few minutes. After it cools a little, grind it to a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee and fry cashew nuts first. When it starts changing color, add raisins and fry a little. Grind jaggery to fine powder.
- In a bowl, mix together, ground aval, jaggery, cardamom powder, cashew nuts and raisins along with hot ghee.
- Then add more ghee little at a time. When you are able to make laddus out of the mixture, stop adding ghee. Grease your hands with ghee and make laddus from the mixture.