Pazham Pori also known as Ethakka Appam is one of the most popular snack in Kerala. Ripe plantain is used for this. It is very tasty and yummy. You can have this with your evening tea, take a bite and a sip from your tea. Usually plantains are sliced lengthwise to prepare this. alternatively you can make round slices and follow the same process for a twist.
- Ripe plantain – 2
- All Purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1 pinch
- Mix all the ingredients except banana with water to thick batter.
- Cut banana lengthwise. Dip the sliced bananas in the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Deep fry the bananas till golden brown. Drain excess oil and serve hot.
- You can also use wheat flour instead of all purpose flour.
- If the banana is very sweet, no need to add sugar.