Here I’m posting two side dishes with okra.
Ingredients (Okra Curry)
- Okra – 150 gram
Coriander powder – 1½ teaspoon
Chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Fennel powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1½ cup
Grind all the powders and whole spices to a fine paste, by adding little water. Heat oil in a pan and saute the sliced ladies finger for a few mins and keep it aside.
In the same pan, add the sliced onion and chopped ginger and curry leaves. Cook till the onions turn light golden brown.
Add the ground paste to this and cook till the oil appears. Add half coconut milk and let it boil.
Add the Ladies finger and salt and simmer till it cooks and gravy thickens. Add the remaining coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes and remove from fire. Garnish with some freshly ground pepper.
Ingredients (Okra Thoran)
- Okra – 250 gram
- Onion – 2
- Green Chili – 2
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and red chili and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent. Add okra and green chili,turmeric powder,salt and saute it. Stir well and cook in low flame.
- When Okra is cooked well add grated coconut and curry leaves. Stir for 2 minutes and remove from fire.