This is an easy and tasty vegetarian side dish. It is a best accompaniment for rice. Potato is a starchy food, it might trigger gas. So try to add lot of garlic flakes with this, since garlic has lot of additional benefits too.
- Potato – 3-4
- Garlic – 5 flakes
- Red chilies – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Peel off potatoes and cut into small cubes. Skin garlic flakes and chop finely.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, add red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped garlic flakes and saute for one minute in low flame.
- When nice aroma of fried garlic appears add turmeric powder and mix well. Then add potato cubes and salt.
- Mix everything well. Cover and cook in low flame till done.